Friday, August 12, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Bernat Softee Chunky
size 8 circular
This pattern -> http://www.mlminspirations.com/patterns/NearlyGloves/Gloves.html

Easy, quick knit. I thought that the yarn might be too bulky but its fine and quite comfortable. I'm wearing it as I type..like a big geeky 1 gloved Michael Jackson. I didn't do the picots on the edge after trying over and over again and finally 'getting' it. They weren't laying really flat so I frogged them. They must be cool because my daughter say's they are...and she wants a pair too! On a funnier note, my son picked up the glove and declared there was a problem. "mom..you have all of these dropped stitches'. Ha! How does a 7 year old little boy know about dropped stitches??? :) I told him it was of course, a design and I did that on purpose.

I started making this lacy version for a friend of mine.....wasn't sure what I thought and they were just a little big. I'd love comments.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Agnes said...

The Bernat fingerless gloves are cool! The lacy version, is it finished yet? The colours are good and it would be nice if you can work out the pattern. I like knitting fingerless gloves too and I think I should knit more before winter comes! ;)

7:27 PM  
Blogger Fashionable Girly said...

Hey Agnes! :) I was using a pattern posted of crafster. The lacy stitch isn't showing up well because its too large. I may try it over again because the yarn is really pretty! :) I agree, these fingerless gloves are really fun to knit!!

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home