Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Newsboy COMPLETE!

YES! I have finally completed my newsboy hat in Lambs Pride black worsted! I've been making this for a rocker friend and anxious to get it finished. After searching for the right pattern ( eschewing the Stitch and Bitch newsboy and the other bulky newboy pattern I've made and posted before). Here is the pattern I used. I was able to master the magic loop method, too!

http://www.geocities.com/martian_mischief/AllPat.htm

I first made the first in black, Plymouth something. My 11 year old fell in love with it and wanted it so there went the friends hat. I wasn't completely happy with it either. Instead of continuing the increases, I stopped too early thus making more of a fitted hat with a brim...aka baseball hat sorta kinda style. I also wasn't happy with the brim, though the pattern's author told me it looked fabulous and wanted to use my picture of her website . I declined...it was a TERRIBLE picture of me :-) I also noted that the yarn was I used was really soft....I think it was Renyolds, maybe? 100% wool. In the middle of knitting the gift hat with the same yarn, I had washed my sons adopted hat. It ended up so limp, I stopped the second hat.

On to the Lamb's Pride which I should have used to begin with but my local shop was out of black and has been for months! I trudged downtown to the bigger, better shop and picked some up. I am VERY pleased with the results. I'm not 100% loving the brim but I think its just going to have to be ok. The Stitch diva brim was so better...but it was felted. I'm contemplating felting one and trying that.

My digital camera batteries are dead and there isn't another battery in this house! A picture is to come, though. I'm going to knit up a quick pair of wrist warmers to include in the package, too :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home