Sunday, July 02, 2006

I'm alive...

Hola. I feel so lame haven't posted a thing in eons. I had a few minutes so I thought I'd quickly update ya'll so you know I'm alive and kicking.

What I've been doing besides trying to get used to being a real live nurse *ahem* and adjust to a third shift schedule has been not much else. Kids are home from school and that's always a bit of an adjustment. But you didn't come here to read that. You're looking for "the knit". And I aint got much. :)

I've knitted a couple of beaded wrist band things which are sorta more like Bracelets.

I also knit a strap for my Reggae purse. It's made with a Jimmy Cliff record cover. I was getting ready to put on the strap and had only red when I mentioned to my husband how it would be cool if they made the strapping material in Jamaican colors...green, yellow and black. And then it dawned on me that I could knit or crochet one which would be even cooler. It's pretty rocking if I do say so myself.

I haven't been inspired to knit much else. I've started a few things and then stopped. What to knit is the issue. It's so hot out thus the hat knitting seems silly.

I have been attempting some jewelry lately. I had seen these amazing necklaces online and figured I could create something like them. HA. Uh...yeah. It's not as easy as it looks. But, I've got a few made and, as mentioned, pictures coming forth shortly.

So, to summarize...you have these pictures to look forward to, hopefully this evening:

1. beaded wristband. Black and pearl.
2. Reggae bag.
3. A couple of lame necklaces...One entitled Cherry Pie, ala Warrent.

1 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

First of all...OMG a new POST!!
Second..I love the necklace. I do beaded stuff too,mostly Earrings. Love the Cherry Pie necklace. You did an Awesome job.
The Wristlets look interesting. Where did you get the pattern?
and Third..your a real live NURSE now? Are you done with school or is floor work part of the lessons? It was for me when I became an LPN..100 years ago..ahem! Congrates!!

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home